Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Kyushu Pilgrimage Day 9 Usa to Kitsuki


The ninth day was rainy. Not showery, but dark and overcast and incessant. Devoid of color. and while not a downpour it rained enough and was cold enough for the dampness to penetrate.


My route skirted the Kunisaki Peninsula, following the main road and rail line and rather than spend time looking around and enjoying the view I concentrated on walking quickly from shrine to shrine so I could take a break out of the rain.


At one shrine I found some interesting komainu, at another a pair of faded photographs of the Showa Emperor and his wife.


As I got closer to Kitsuki a couple of largish temples offered the possibility of something interesting to see....


As I reached Kitsuki in the early evening the rain finally stopped, though the sky remained threatening....

0 comments:

Post a Comment