Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hinase, Okayama


q817

I started my walk along the Chugoku 33 Kannon Pilgrimage at the small port town of Hinase as this was the closest train station to the most easterly of the pilgrimage temples, number 3 Shoraku-ji.

q808

As the towns draincover shows, it now includes the cluster of small islands just offshore.

q818

The towns main industry is oyster farming, but obviously shrimp are another locally caught product.

q819

The town is home to an unusual museum on Latin America. Started with the collection of a local man who collected arts and archeological artifacts from his visits to that part of the world, I really wanted to visit it but was there several hours before they opened and as I had a long day ahead could not afford to wait.

q821

My route climbed above the town and headed inland.....

1 comment: