Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fall Colors walk: Yudani Gingko


y8273

Winter has arrived early this year, and with being extra busy and the Fall weather being wetter than usual I didnt get to do as much walking in November as I had hoped, but I did make a Fall Colors walk up the Yudani Valley that ends at the Gonokawa near Kawamoto and starts up near Mihara. First stop was this abandoned temple that I had hoped to explore inside of but it has already begun to collapse and their were construction workers there to stop me from entering a "dangerous" place....

y8284

Further up the valley a farmer had a grove of gingko trees and he was busy collecting the nuts from underneath...

y8286

Solitary gingkos in a background of green are perhaps the most typical image of fall colors round here for me...

y8291

I had been told that the huge gingko at the temple in Mitani was particularly spectacular but it had only just begun its metamorphosis from green to gold....

y8333

The shrine in Mihara.....

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour ce beau partage aux couleurs dorées pour cet arbre que j'aime tant....
    Les photos et les textes sont très instructifs..
    A Lyon il y a une rue qui longe un hopital et le long de la rue il y a des gingkos et en automne quand le soleil se couche sur ces arbres il y a une lumière magnifique..
    Merci jake..Paule

    ReplyDelete