Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation 2010 Day 6: Mercedes Benz Museum

st2465

As I was in Stuttgart I couldnt not visit the Merecedes Benz Museum, not because I am into cars, but because I am into interesting architecture.

st2485

The museum opened in 2006 and was designed by the Dutch architectural firm UNStudio.

st2487

I found it a very good museum, well laid out and with excellent displays.

st2493

The museum starts at the top with the oldest examples of Daimler vehicles. and visitors then descend and pass through time up to the present day.

st2523

There were also examples of what the future holds.

st2525

The entrance price was reasonable, audio guides in various languages are available, and photography is permitted..... I am tending to avoid paying to enter somewhere I cant take pics.

st2531

Between the museum and the neighboring showroom was this fine sculpture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment